RT is an open source issue tracking and workflow platform developed and supported by Best Practical Solutions. This wiki site is a free resource for the RT community to share ideas, configurations, and customizations to RT, RTIR, and related products.
Please: UpdateTheWiki, post your hints, tricks, tips and tools about how to get the most out of RT. If you currently use RT, please head over to RTUsers and add yourself and your organization to the user list.
We've recently migrated the RT wiki and all of its content from an instance hosted by Wikia to this instance. If you had a user account on the previous wiki, you'll need to create your account again. However, all of your content has been migrated over. If you were a contributor on the previous wiki and you see things are out of place, please feel free to rearrange things and fix them up.
We're tracking details from the move on the Wikia Move page.
In addition to the information found here, you can find more RT's documentation in your install of RT on the server and also on the web at the Best Practical website. The Best Practical blog is another great resource for RT information.
You can go through these pretty much in order if you're starting from scratch, but please plan to spend some quality time with the UserManual before you try to go live; RT is big and full of tons of features, and you probably can't get your head around all of it in one sitting.
- FAQ, FindingAnswersAboutRT and "Common Problems" below.
- HowToHelp, Translation
- UserManual, RTGlossary & Documentation
- InstallationGuides, RTTutorials
- RT_Config & RT_SiteConfig
- Extensions to RT available as installable plugins
- Contributions by the community to customize RT
- RTIR RT for Incident Response
- RTFM RT FAQ Manager
- REST API
- Customizing with Callbacks
- CantLocateObject - Can't locate object method "new" via package "
RT::Handle" at rt3/lib/RT.pm
- NoConnectionToSyslog - no connection to syslog
- NoRecipFound - No recipients found. Not sending
- Getting information out of RT3 for reporting or inclusion elsewhere.
- PermissionDenied emails|
Getting started with MediaWiki
To learn more about how to edit wiki pages, click the Help link here or in the navigation on the left.
We have installed the Markdown plugin, so you can edit pages in Markdown.