RT is an open source issue tracking and workflow platform developed and supported by Best Practical Solutions. This wiki site is a free resource for the RT community to share ideas, configurations, and customizations to RT, RTIR, and related products.
About RT Documentation
In addition to the information found here, you can find RT's documentation in your install of RT on the server and also on the web at the Best Practical website. The Best Practical blog and the Community Forum are also great resources for RT information. Best Practical also offers commercial support services to help get the most out of RT and RTIR.
This site is a wiki, like Wikipedia, which means you can edit it right in your browser. If you use RT and have found it valuable, UpdateTheWiki, post your hints, tricks, tips and tools about how to get the most out of RT. If you currently use RT, please head over to RTUsers and add yourself and your organization to the user list.
Getting Started with RT
You can go through these pretty much in order if you're starting from scratch, but please plan to spend some quality time with the UserManual before you try to go live; RT is big and full of tons of features, and you probably can't get your head around all of it in one sitting.
RT has been in development for over 20 years, so information on this wiki dates back to many different versions. These sections may contain information on older versions of RT that is no longer completely accurate for modern RT. Pages known to be updated should be moved up to the Current Section.
- FAQ, FindingAnswersAboutRT and "Common Problems" below.
- HowToHelp, Translation
- RTGlossary & Documentation
- InstallationGuides, RTTutorials
- RT_Config & RT_SiteConfig
- Extensions to RT available as installable plugins
- Contributions by the community to customize RT
- RTIR RT for Incident Response
- RTFM RT FAQ Manager
- REST API
- Customizing with Callbacks
- CantLocateObject - Can't locate object method "new" via package "
RT::Handle" at rt3/lib/RT.pm
- NoConnectionToSyslog - no connection to syslog
- NoRecipFound - No recipients found. Not sending
- Getting information out of RT3 for reporting or inclusion elsewhere.
- PermissionDenied emails|
- Getting RT4.x to play nice with certbot to obtain free SSL certificates from LetsEncrypt.
Getting started with MediaWiki
To learn more about how to edit wiki pages, click the Help link here or in the navigation on the left.
We have installed the Markdown plugin, so you can edit pages in Markdown.
Several years ago, we moved the wiki from Wikia as noted on the Wikia Move page.