- 1 Introduction
- 2 Help maintain this page
- 3 List
- 3.1 Asset Tracker
- 3.2 Boolean CustomField
- 3.3 Branded Queues
- 3.4 Command by email
- 3.5 Conditional CustomFields
- 3.6 Export search results as XLS
- 3.7 External Authentication
- 3.8 Extract Custom Field Values
- 3.9 Group Summary
- 3.10 Inline Audio/Video Attachments
- 3.11 Mandatory Fields
- 3.12 Mandatory requestor
- 3.13 Mandatory subject
- 3.14 Notify users/groups
- 3.15 QuickCalls
- 3.16 Reference i-doit Objects
- 3.17 Richtext CustomField
- 3.18 Rights Matrix
- 3.19 Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- 3.20 Shredder
- 3.21 Stall Future Ticket
- 3.22 Toggle SuperUser right on/off with a link
- 3.23 User details
- 3.24 Watched queues
- 3.25 Workflow Builder
- 4 Other
- 5 Writing your own extensions
Here is a list of several RT extensions packaged and available from CPAN or other places. A complete list can be found at https://metacpan.org/search?q=RT%3A%3AExtension&search_type=modules
Most of these extensions are prepared with Module::Install::RTx module, which allows you to package extension easily and quickly. People who would like to package their extensions should read the module's documentation.
Help maintain this page
Please sort and refactor this list; RT::Extension is a verbose but lexigraphically equivalent form of RTx. Also note, that links to a particular version of a module on search.cpan may rot when later versions are released, used a perldoc query instead.
This RT Extension provides a new type of custom field, with checkbox to set or unset its value. RT::Extension::BooleanCustomField
Integrated into RT 3.8, read UPGRADING and etc/upgrade/3.8-branded-queues-extension.
RT 3.2-3.6: This extension allows sites to "Brand" individual queues with distinct tokens in the Subject headers of outgoing email messages.
Command by email
RT::Extension::CommandByMail allows you to change metadata of ticket via email:
- Supported commands
- Man page
- Installation instructions
- requires patching on RTs older than 3.6, but works out of the box on modern RT
- Authors: Best Practical
- See also: Extract Custom Field Values
- Tip: strip out commands from ticket and emails sent by RT
This RT Extension allows to display/edit a custom field conditioned by the value of another (select) custom field for the same object, which can be anything that can have custom fields (ticket, queue, user, group, article or asset). RT::Extension::ConditionalCustomFields
Export search results as XLS
This RT Extension allow users to download search results in Microsoft Excel binary format. This typically fix encoding problems for non-ascii chars with the standard TSV export included in RT. Extension root
Allows authentication from any LDAP or DBI-supported data source. Also allows the use of a browser cookie to implement Single Sign-On with other web code using a DBI authentication backend.
For RT-3.6.x (unsupported)
Extract Custom Field Values
Allows to extract CF values from email headers or body.
This RT Extension allows RT to display semantic information about any group, mainly through CustomFields attached to this group.
It displays information about a group on a Group Summary page, similar to what is done about a user. A Group Summary page includes the name, the description and CustomFields of a group. The Group Summary page can be accessed from any tabs of Admin/Groups and is linked to any display of a principal which is a group (just like any display of a principal which is a user is linked to the related User Summary page).
This module also provides a Group Summary Search feature and links results to related Group Summary pages.
Inline Audio/Video Attachments
This RT Extension allows RT to display audio/video attachments inline with HTML 5 player. RT::Extension::InlineAudioVideoAttachments
This RT Extension enforces users to fill standard fields defined in RT site configuration file when creating a ticket via the web interface. RT::Extension::MandatoryFields
This RT Extension enforces users to fill the requestor when creating a ticket via the web interface. Extension root
This RT Extension enforces users to fill the subject when creating a ticket via the web interface. Extension root
Part of RT 3.8
Helps setup and manage scrip actions that allow you to notify particular groups of users.
See also EmailGroup
Reference i-doit Objects
This extension gives you the opportunity to combine an issue tracker like RT with an IT documentation tool / CMDB like i-doit. It uses i-doit's API to relate a ticket with one or more CIs / objects managed by i-doit. On i-doit's side you are able to view all tickets related to an object. This extension also supports i-doit's multi-mandator functionality.
This RT Extension provides a new type of custom field, similar to Text but with wysiwyg editor when editing value. RT::Extension::RichtextCustomField
- Extension root == RSS Feeds ==
Add arbitrary RSS feeds to your dashboards
Service Level Agreements (SLA)
This RT Extension enables the specification and usage of SLA's (Service Level Agreements).
- Version 0.01_01 is the latest that supports RT-3.0.x
- RT 3.2.x is unsupported
- Versions >= 0.02 works with RT 3.4.x and greater, 3.4.1 requires patching
- Included in 3.8.x
Stall Future Ticket
This RT Extension allows to automatically stall created tickets with a start time in the future. RT::Extension::StallFutureTicket
This RT Extension allow users with SuperUser right to quickly enable/disable this right with a simple link at the top of each page. This way, they can work like standard users for day to day usage and enable SuperUser right only when needed. Extension root
This RT Extension allows to quickly display watchers personal details on a ticket. Extension root
This RT Extension allow to display the list of queues the user is watcher, in the user configuration tab. Extension root
This RT Extension is useful for creating Approvals and Workflows.
RTx::WorkflowBuilder by Chia-liang Kao
- RT-OnlineDocs - adds a "Developer Documentation" menu to the RT user interface.
- RT::Action::UpdateIcestack - Integrates RT with Icestack allowing tickets to come in from customers using iPhone or Android mobile devices
- RT::Extension::ActivityReports Adding to Menu
- RT::Extension::BecomeUser - This extension for RT 3.6 provides an ability for super user to effectively log on any user in the system for debugging purposes
- RT::BugTracker - Adds a UI designed for bug-tracking for developers to RT
- RT::BugTracker::Public - Adds a public, (hopefully) userfriendly bug tracking UI to RT
- RTx::Calendar - This extension for RT 3.6+ adds a calendar page, a calendar portlet and iCal feeds of all your tasks and reminers with due date.
- RTx::DDMU - drop down menu user interface for RT (RT 3.5 or later)
- RTx::From - Makes it a bit easier to find users and their tickets.
- RT::Extension::MergeUsers - adds the ability combine users to via the User Administration page
- RT::Extension::QueueWizard - QueueWizard allows for fast creation of queues by cloning a pre-existing queue
- RT::Extension::rt_cpan_org - The customizations that turn a RT into a RT for rt.cpan.org
- RT::Extension::ServiceUpdates - Message of the Day(?)
- RTx::S3Invoker - Allows one to load saved searches (global too!) via ManualSimpleSearch.
- RTx::Tags - Provides functionality to ManualSimpleSearch custom fields, and a tag cloud (via HTML::TagCloud) of values in the CF Tags.
- RT::Extension::Timeline - This extension for RT 3.6 uses Timeline http://simile.mit.edu/timeline/ to visualize RT tickets.
- Works in 3.8 with a tweak to /path/to/rt/share/html/Callbacks/Timeline/Ticket/Elements/Tabs/Default to change the tab index from 'j' to something else e.g; 't'. Otherwise, the Bulk Update tab is clobbered.
- RTx-WebCronTool - web interface for the built-in "rt-crontool" utility, allowing scheduled processes to be launched remotely.
- RT-Extension-SideBySideView - a moduled version of SideBySideTicketScreen from Stephen Turner
- RT-Extension-ShowRelations - is a Module for RT 3.6/3.8x to Display Ticket Relations as Table based on a Search
- RT-Extension-FastGroupRights - is a replacement for core GroupRights Pages with a faster Solution which not loads all available groups with their rights. It will only load the System Groups, Roles and User Defined Groups with already granted rights. Additional it offers a search Field to search for Groups to grant them rights. This is based on an Idea and Code from MIT (Stephen Turner)
- RT-Extension-QueueDeactivatedScrips - is a moduled version of Dirk Pape's HideGlobalScrips addon for RT 3.6.x
Writing your own extensions
- Homepage Components (Portlets): WritingPortlets