First of all read! Please, try to group similar things and not duplicate requests. If you don't know state of the feature you want, put it into "Unknown state" section.
Work in progress
- Hiding/Suppressing of global scrips per Queue
- Under investigation. --PauloMatos
- implemented in 3.7 and ReverseHistoryOrder for older
Wouldn't be implemented
- New EmailParser feature that would rely on from/reply-to fields (e.g. email@example.com) for all correspondence and ticket management. At present, simple change of e-mail subject makes a new ticket.
- you can do this with your MTA, you need wrapper around rt-mailgate script that convert such addresses to variant compliant with RT and fix subject if it's required, I believe that it's possible to do with almost all MTAs. Only thing you need to do in RT is add Reply-To header overriding to all your templates. --RuslanZakirov
- requestor != creator
- Just search for tickets owned by nobody, and used bulk update.
- On login page protect against brute force attacks
- Support Dashboards on SelfService interface
- On Child Ticket creation - make the created ticked not inherit the value for TimeWorked.
- Store the Message-ID for each message in the database to enable thread detection via In-Reply-To and References in the mail gateway instead of ticket number ID (more info)
- Allow for multiple owners of a single ticket
- Add diff style display of changes for custom scrips, conditions and actions. (The unformatted old/new display can be hard to read.)
- A Term::Readline support to bin/rt for command recall and editing
- bin/rt already uses Term::Readline
- Alternatively, something to change the favicon &| page title, a la Meebo and various Gmail scripts/extensions for Firefox.
- You'll need to write a client for the popup, and you can use the builtin scrips to send the command on an event.
- Use a reminder to reopen it? e.g; with an adaptation of one of the email reminders on Contributions
- Try the "Editable text" link from search results?
- See Dirk Pape's fork on Contributions for older RTs, or the new port currently at http://www.letu.edu/people/markroedel/RT-Extension-ForkTicket-0.1.tgz
- See Tools/OfflineEdits
- If valid user then check the organizational unit the user belongs to and automatically assign it to the appropriate queue else drop the request (probably spam and we don't want outside people to create tickets).
- Then handle this at the MTA?
- The logic being suitable for a service support for a large company with several WAN links across multiple sites - and LDAP users categorized according to location. The is also probably useful for departments as well.
- If binary attachments must be held in a database, lets get it moved off to a separate one
- this would greatly improve the performance of the current database in RT and would make full body text searching something that one could actually accomplish.
Please, users and testers of the RT 3.5, move items from this list to the "work in progress" section according to changes in 3.5 branch(there is a lot of work on custom fields).
- dynamically populated custom fields. the ability to generate a value for a custom field based on what is entered in other custom fields
- allow default values for custom fields
- allow custom fields dependants default values
- the ability to add a new value for a custom field "in place" (like Movable Type's 'categories' interface) --TonyBowden
- Linking multiple custom fields (eg SoftwareNameField-->NumberofItems-->TotalpriceField)
- The abilitiy to dynamically create copies of a custom field within a ticket (okay we need to enter another budget code, now another... )
- The abilitiy to dynamically create copies of groups of custom fields within a ticket (okay we need to enter another of whats above, now another... )
- To see what a custom field / form creator can look like, go to http://www.wufoo.com and imagine if RT was coupled to this flat file db / forms creator tool. Build a web form that still allows free form text entry, maps its form fields to RT columns, utilizes RT task manager functions.
- Keyword feature, aka "tagging" or "Web 2.0". See del.icio.us, flickr, Slashdot's "tagging beta", metafilter, digg for examples. Useful for using resolved tickets as an self-organizing non-hierarchical knowledgebase ("This is an Jersey problem; maybe someone resolved a 'jersey' ticket similar to this?"). Faster than searching all text fields for mention of "jersey" (and someone might've spelled it "sweater" instead, or a client might put "wool shirt" in the original subject line.) Best implementation would offer autocompletion of tag words to encourage conformity (a-la the email fields in RT now; try del.icio.us for an example). --moomo
- The ability to create a custom field without an input as a way to quickly customize queue specific screens (e.g. brief directions for filling out a ticket)
- the ability for several other fields to be visible once one is selected and saved. 3% of our tickets need 6 more fields but we don't want to muck the form up for all the other tickets.
Config and other options as user preferences
- Ability to display customized "RT At A Glance" depending on group membership
- Change default sort order
- Option in Personal Preferences to save you home screen Refresh rate so it is preserved during navigation / logins
- Permission to allow user to change their own password only and not Modify everything under their userid such as email address. Seems ModifySelf is only option right now.
- Configure home screen:
- Permissions we grant to our users and groups are generally the same and selecting a profile of permissions would be faster and easier to manage than to have to select several permissions each time. For example, a profile "Read only" with the rights 'See Queue, Show Ticket and Show TicketComments'.
- Allow the same preference for the format for the display of ticket dates to also apply to CF Dates.
- Select which Dates are displayed in the Date Box, including CF Dates.
Installation & Upgrade
- Ease of installation should be a major focus - right now the installation process is so complicated that it's a real barrier to evaluating your software. Why does it have to depend on so many extra modules?
- Adding a database element to indicate the database revision. This would make upgrades significantly easier (as well as automatable, after a point). --B2Pi
- Maybe you could provide a RT as VMWare-Appliance, so we could evaluate your product esay?
- It would be nice or even intresting to supply a build for Windows or Mac OSX
- Add Possibility to set CF Value for Transactions via comment / correspond REST
- Correct status code for GET and POST commands (not only in response body).
- Constant date & time format for date-time fields.
- Constant value for empty fields instead of localized string for "Not set".
- Definitive indication of a successful or failed login, when using REST.
- Currently (RT4.0.1), session cookies are issues regardless of login success or failure, and besides parsing the body HTML content for a success or fail, the only other way is to look at the HTTP status (200 OK for a fail, and 302 Found for a success). If there is a definitive way, via HTML body inspection, what string should we be keeping an eye out for? Please update the REST wiki entry with info.
- Create multi-platform desktop widgets that can be used to perform simple actions on tickets via the web service URL, e.g. quickly resolve a ticket from my Mac OS X dashboard. --ChrisHardie
- Allow users with admin rights to reassign tickets without having to steal them first.
- Put a "Save Changes" buttom at the TOP as well as bottom on all Update Pages. ie. Config->Global->Group Rights & Config->Queue->Group Rights.
- Allow the "Group Rights" pages the option of selecting which groups to show/not show. Similar to the list in "QuickSearch".
- Add the ability to select multiple columns (at once - hold the control key, etc.) to remove from search results.
- Add "Comments" to the list for Search Results columns. A lot of managers want to see what the ticket owners are saying.
- If there were custom fields for user objects, this would be fairly easy to implement with a custom field on the user (alternate address) that pointed an overlaid CanonicalizeEmailAddress to the right address -- could be parsed from the extra info, in absence of custom fields.
- This was discussed on the MailingLists --RuslanZakirov
- as variant you can use HomePageSavedSearches extension
- RSS feed for ticket comments (project manager can subscribe and see what activity is happening overall)
- See RssFeed for more information about how to use the feeds that are in 3.4
- See Queue Wizard in Extensions
- see SpellChecking
- I agree that this would be quite useful
- There is bulk update in RT for a long time.
- could be done with notifications + rt-crontool --RuslanZakirov
- List queues with ticket counts
- Query tickets
- Get ticket data
- Create/Change ticket
- i.e; the Calendar System (built on Reminders) listed below?
- A Calendar System for Scheduling Apointments for a Technician(user of a group) on a Ticket that shows up for all users in a group.
- require more description and/or examples --RuslanZakirov
- Yes, a Calendar would be great, the Reminders could be listed in a Users Calendar, and also a Queue based Calendar where are all Tickets displayed which have at least Starts and Due defined. Also a Calendar View over all Queues the user has rights too. This on a day, week, month base to keep track of ongoing events.
- I'm not the original proposer but: The ability to add a multiple items in the form of ( datetime,user|group ) to a ticket. And also be able to view as calendar all the items assign to your user and the groups which you belong to . This would be useful for us. Particularly if todays calendar was on the at-a-glance page.
- I think what they are asking for here is something like the calendar feature seen in the OTRS demo. http://otrs.org/demo/ This kind of calendar view would be pretty handy.
- Why not use RTx::Calendar and/or iCal feeds?
- RTFM project?
- Wildcard strings in search text
- RT allow SQL wildcards: '%' - any sequence, '?' - exactly one char. Undocumented feature. Patches, wiki notes are welcome as I think :) --RuslanZakirov
- there is patches in rt-devel@ archives and may be changes commited into 3.5
- Make a local customization?
- You can do this now. Please go to Preferences > Search Options.
- Make a local customization?
Features implemented in RT 3.6
These features are available with RT-3.6 stable release.
- Global Custom Fields disabling on queue level
- Required Custom fields. It was discussed many times, but people still want it.
- The ability to modify the user rights specifically by custom field. eg a change is proposed but has to be authorised by the CM Manager. Only that person would have the right to modify the custom "approved" field. Operators could not.
- This can be done with special CSS rules for printed media
- It's partly customizable via CSS in 3.x versions(see webrt.css file)
- Interface of the RT 3.5 uses CSS all over the places, if it still not enough then file bug report
- It's partly customizable via CSS in 3.x versions(see webrt.css file)
- How many tickets to show
- Which queues to show tickets for in lists
- Which lists to have visible (ie. remember the X has been clicked)
- 3.7(.82) has this...