Updating the wiki is very easy.
Request an Account
There is a link in the upper righthand corner to Special:RequestAccount which allows you to request an account. Once approved, you can then log in and make updates. (We used to allow self-signup, but the wiki spam was a huge problem so now we approve accounts first.)
Edit existing pages
- Click the Edit link at the top of the page or on any section.
- Edit the page contents and click save.
- If presented with a simple question about RT, answer it. This helps us keep the wiki spam to a minimum.
Add new pages
- Click the edit link on the page where you want to add the first link to the new page.
- Add CamelCaseNameOfNewPage to the text of the page and click save. (What's CamelCase?).
- You should see CamelCaseNameOfNewPage as a red link.
- Click this link and you will see a create box for the new page.
You can use the following trick as well:
- In the URL string of your browser write https://rt-wiki.bestpractical.com/wiki/NameOfNewPage
- Hit enter and you'll seeing a page that already exists or a page that gives you the option to create a new page. Click the links to do that.
- This trick has a trade-off, as a new page is not linked to from any other page. People can only find it with the search box, so you have to add links later.