A Ticket (or Request) is a collection of information concerning some subject to be tracked.
RT keeps track of everything that happens to a ticket, including internal discussions and discussions with the originator.
A ticket has the following:
- a Requestor - the User that is waiting for the issue to be resolved. In some cases there may be no requestor on a ticket or more than one.
- an Owner - the User that is currently responsible for resolving the issue.
- zero or more CCs who are treated like co-requestors.
- zero or more AdminCCs who are treated like co-owners.
- A ticket belongs to a Queue. A Queue can be used to hold a certain "class" of tickets, e.g. those that should be handled by a particular group of Users.
- a Priority
- a DueDate
- data on how much time has been spent on a ticket.
- Relationships to other tickets