A Transaction in RT is anything that happens to a Ticket.
RT logs each transaction in the history of the ticket, and Scrips may also be attached to all or to certain kinds of transactions.
All types of transaction from lib/RT/Transaction.pm:
- Forward Transaction
- Forward Ticket
- EmailRecord – is set when RT is sending outgoing notification (correspondence, comment). Also if crontool is used.
- Correspond – is set when some user sends a correspondence
- Comment – is set when some user sends a comment
- Force (forced owner change)
- Set (password, queue, date/time, owner)
In scrips you can for example use it like this in custom contition:
<pre> # On Create or Queue change return 0 unless (($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create") || ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Set" && $self->TransactionObj->Field eq "Queue")); </pre>