AssetTracker is an add-on module for RequestTracker that helps with inventory tracking. Assets can be associated with RT users and RT tickets.
It is hosted on github, the project page is http://github.com/chakatodd/rt-extension-assettracker
Welcome to new AssetTracker 2.0b1
It's been more than a few years since the last release of Asset Tracker (AT). Here's what's new in the 2.0 release:
- AT uses the RT plugin system introduced in RT 3.8. This makes AT easy to install and remove.
- Support for permanent database remove of assets and related objects has been added to RT's shredding system.
- The RT home screen can now be customized with AT saved searches.
- Relationships between assets can now be visualized as a graph.
- RT's scrips system has been copied, making it easier to write automation routines that run as a result of asset changes.
- Assets can now be exported to Excel, edited, and re-imported. New assets can also be created during import, so it's possible for network discovery tools to be integrated with AT in interesting ways. (While this is working well for us so far, we could use some help testing. The input file format is very strict.)
AssetTracker Quicksearch Extension
The first Addon to the new AssetTracker 2.0 is called AssetTracker-Quicksearch (https://github.com/chakatodd/rt-extension-assettracker-quicksearch) and offers for all AT Users a way to catagorize their AT Quicksearch, if you work a lot with Assets, then you can now create groups of AssetType like:
This makes it easier to keep the overview about all your assets!Attached some Screenshots from latest Test Version:
Assets inside a Dashboard with Categories
Rewritten and Screen optimized Asset View
Assets displays as graph
XLS Import for Asset
New Asset Type Configuration Screen
New Asset Type Category Configuration Screen
Scripting and Templates for Assets