(Redirected from Tickets)Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Ticket (or Request) is a collection of information concerning some subject to be tracked.
RT keeps track of everything that happens to a ticket, including internal discussions and discussions with the originator.
A ticket has the following:
- A Requestor - the User that is waiting for the issue to be resolved. In some cases there may be no requestor on a ticket or more than one.
- Zero or more CCs who are treated like co-requestors.
- Zero or more AdminCCs who are treated like co-owners.
- A Status which tracks where the ticket is in the current workflow. Status and workflow can be customized using RT's Lifecycle feature.
- A ticket belongs to a Queue. A Queue can be used to hold a certain "class" of tickets, e.g. those that should be handled by a particular group of Users.
- A Priority
- A DueDate, the date it was Created, the LastUpdated date, and the date it was Resolved, if it is complete.
- A record of how much time has been spent on a ticket.
- Relationships to other tickets as links.