We would like to be able to redirect a message directly from our inbox to an RT ticket, in the form ticketnumber@rthost and have it recorded on the specified ticket as a comment.
- MTA is postfix. Configuration is in /etc/postfix , rt-mailgate is in /usr/bin .
- RT is running on a virtual host, e.g. https://helpdesk.example.com/
- RT's virtual host hostname is pointed to the postfix server with proper A/MX records.
1. create or edit the file: /etc/postfix/canonical.pcre with contents:
2. ensure the file /etc/postfix/main.cf contains:
recipient_delimiter = + canonical_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/canonical.pcre
3. add to your /etc/aliases file:
ticket: "|/usr/sbin/rt-mailgate --extension ticket --action comment --url https://helpdesk.example.com/"
4. Now just take care of the required postfix maintenance commands:
# postmap /etc/postfix/canonical.pcre # newaliases # postfix reload
From here, you can simply redirect correspondence that should have gone on a ticket by redirecting the message to e.g. 1234@helpdesk .