RT 3.999 Jifty Experimental
|This page 'RT 3.999 Jifty Experimental' is tagged as OUTDATED|
|This page contains out of date and possibly misleading information or instructions such as installation methods or configuration examples that no longer apply. Please consider this warning when reading the page below.|
|If you have checked or updated this page and found the content to be suitable, please remove this notice by editing the page and remove the Outdated template tag.|
THIS PAGE DESCRIBES THE FORMER PLANS FOR RT4. THE RT4 RELEASED IN EARLY 2011 IS A MORE EVOLUTIONARY ADVANCEMENT OF RT3.8
RT4 is a major effort to update and modernize the RT codebase, making it easier to add new features and to customize existing features.
The major new features users should expect in RT 4.0.0 are a replacement for the Scrips system and a new ticket lifecycle engine.
Once released, the application will be known as "RT 4.0" or "Request Tracker 4.0"
The code is accessible with Git:
git clone git://github.com/bestpractical/rt.git git checkout 3.999-trunk
A web-based browser for the code is available at:
Get RT 4 up and running
RT 4 is bleeding edge and requires up-to-date versions of:
- Jifty (0.90701)
- Jifty DBI (SVN)
- Lorzy (SVN)
The installation isn't yet supported. You can use it right from checkout of code.
Just run "jifty server" from the toplevel source directory.
RT4 is currently in active development. APIs are subject to change. Features are subject to removal or backwards-incompatible change with no notice. *DO NOT USE RT4 IN PRODUCTION*
Work to date
- RT has been ported to the Jifty web framework
- RT's API has been partially rototilled to meet more modern naming guidelines
- The porting and rototilling has incorporated changes from RT through version 3.8.1
- The rights "delegation" system has been removed.
- A new "Status schemas" system has been introduced to allow customized issue lifecycles.
Completed work for 4.0 alpha 1 (Target date: 15 February 2009)
- Merge of RT 3.8.2 to RT4 (sunnavy)
- StatusSchemas (RuslanZakirov)
- Role groups on demand (RuslanZakirov)
- switch to the DateTime modules (Sartak)
Upcoming work for 4.0 alpha 1 (Target date: 15 February 2009)
- Replacement of Scrips with the /lorzy/ workflow engine clkao - in progress
- Update of administrative ui to use TD/Jifty::Actions
- Full text search (RuslanZakirov) - in progress
- RT 3.8 -> 4.0 migration tool (sunnavy, RuslanZakirov) - in progress
Upcoming work for 4.0 alpha 2 (Target date: 1 April 2009)
- Replace ticket display/edit/update widgets with Jifty::Action based webforms
- Oracle port (will require small improvements to Jifty)