Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are multiple LDAP-for-RT implementations available and listed below. If you find a new one, please post it here with some brief summary.
- ExternalAuth -- by MikePeachey, allows the use of LDAP and other external databases for user authentication and user information in RT by means of an installable plugin.
- LDAP -- by Jim Meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, integrates authentication and information services with flexible multi-server configuration for user/pass, SSL, base, filter, etc. Adapted from LdapOverlay, AutoCreateFromExternalUserInfo, AutoCreateAndCanonicalizeUserInfo and so provides their features as well. (This is a new implementation and should be considered late beta.)
- LdapOverlay -- by Wheeler David, LDAP authentication only.
- AutoCreateFromExternalUserInfo -- by Battey Robin, LDAP information for bootstrapping autocreated users
- AutoCreateAndCanonicalizeUserInfo -- by Phillip Cole <phillip d cole @ uk d coltgroup d com>, LDAP information for bootstrapping autocreated user accounts where a user may have multiple valid email addresses.
- Sign On Single -- by Mehl Nathan, "Single Signon RT with Windows Server, Active Directory and Apache 1.3 on unix"
- Active Directory Overlay (tarball) Mosemann's -- by Dr. Russell Mosemann of Concordia University, Nebraska, mentioned in rt-users posting this. It has been commented that "The Mosemann contribution appears to obsolete the Mehl contribution (which has a potentially bad security side effect). [...] I haven't tested either personally so your mileage may vary."
- Despite the above warning, one user got Nathan's configuration working with RT 3.4.6 and Apache 2.2. See NtlmAuthentication for details.