(If you're a regular editor, you're probably seeing this; scroll to the last section, please? --Baylink)
- Important areas of documentation are just missing, like TicketSQL.
- Remove every link to www.kwiki.org, since that site is now literally nothing but spam.
- Much of the documentation here is old and not relevant to the current version. The individual artices are not grouped in any version order and have no indication of versions. I think a version number(s) should be indicated on each article and the index as well if all the articles are put together as they are now. --Stephen Hancock
- I'm working on the UserManual as we speak; my approach is "make it current for 3.8, and just warn people that if they're using an older version, some things might be missing or work differently". I'm not aware of any wiki that's really tuned for the multiple versions thing... though if we were really dedicated (read: if BPS were paying me to do it :-), I might try to adapt the "Which episode have you seen?" code for MediaWiki that the Veronica Mars site used to use. --Baylink
- Searching this wiki doesn't pull back expected results. eg: Searching for "WishList Wiki" or "Reports Time" returns no results. When its hard to find information by following links the search should be better at finding relevant pages for you.
- CHANGE to a non-toy Wiki engine. As below, use MediaWiki or some other that allows for better formatting. I'd really like to see some documentation on your products. By relegating it to this beta product, you call into question the rest of your systems. --Geezer
- There is Moin->MW translation code around; written for the MythTV project. I suspect a competent perl coder (which I am not :-) could adapt that for this process. --Baylink
- REMOVE the trouble makers. There are at least three that logged in in just the last week (1/3/2009). You might start by banning jack1688, jeep1688 and harry1999. --Geezer
- Make the wiki not be editable by anonymous users, and possibly enforce more than that - Every time I come to this page, I spend 10 or 20 minutes removing spam, but I certainly don't get all of it. (It's not being done anonymously, but by registered bozos. --Geezer)
- Not sure Wifty supports this, but, of course, MW does.
- Install Kwiki::URLBL, it would block some domains. Links can be added at http://www.rulesemporium.com/cgi-bin/uribl.cgi?report=1 --chorny
- A knowledge base, when you post a question you can see prior questions and their answers... if the prior solutions do not work, continue with the ticket.
- You can't quite get to here using a wiki engine, but I'm commencing to assemble Q&A onto the ManualProblems page from everywhere I can find them. I encourage assistance from others. :-) --Baylink
- Must turn off anonymous editing -- I've "fixed" two links that had been over-written with Wow Buy Gold or some such over the last few days. NOTE: I've now gone back and fixed around 15 pages and they are getting over-written as fast as I can fix them
- And it's greatly appreciated. I'd like to see all the active editors of the wiki just now sign down below with what you're working on, so we have something to wave in front of Jesse. :-) --Baylink
- list of places to get themes for RT
- As I know nobody have shared theme, yet. --RuslanZakirov
- Why are there no questions/answers related to RTFM? The "manual" here does not include the most important info--how to get articles into the RTFM system
- This will be the subject of the next RT Tutorial, coming soon! -- Cassandra
- An RSS feed for new pages -- JoeCasadonte
- Separate feed for edits (could help with spam, too)
- make it possible that this wiki format table in the right way, for example ManualRights, this page would be usefull if the tables are rendered right
- Yeah I agree as indicated below in my rant, I know Jesse has fixed some stuff but other stuff is still broken. Also most wikis I use have a "preview" button so you can we can see the results of our edits before saving them - this would be quite useful in trying to fix badly formatted pages. -- ChristopherShort
- While many pages do a reasonable job of flagging things that are verison specific, what about flagging things that are deprecated due to their functionality being implemented in more modern versions? -- Jerrad
- I'm trying to note this as I go -- as an example, I refactored the "color status and priority" page to put the 3.8 material up top. --Baylink
Wiki Format Broken??
<rant>I'm confused, isn't RT a really popular package, with this wiki supposed to be the primary source of information? It's quite a mess with random pieces of information all over the place, with many pages having large blobs of un(anti?)formatted text.</rant> Okay, so it's a wiki it's always going to be vaguely anarchic, but it seems a bit more so than usual wikis - has there been some recent Wiki format change that's left many pages like ManualRights unreadable? Obviously I'll fix format where I can. -- ChristopherShort
Moderated Main Page of This RT WiKi
Community Patrol for WiKi Quality
Need some 'WiKi' Moderator, who will keep an eye for 'Recent Change'. Anyone Here...? Maybe... Me ? -- Bauani
Things that are done
- just use wikimedia instead of whatever wiki software this is. it has theming, rss, etc, in addition to lots of other features.
- or Twiki. We use Twiki and it's still FREE and and it's got tons of features, etc or you can use it as basically as you want. -- EdMatthews
- FYI, the current wiki software being used here is no longer Kwiki but Wifty, something Bestpractical have created. FWIW, my vote is for OddMuse, a nice clean, lightweight, perl-based wiki. Of course the "Gold Standard" is MediaWiki which powers Wikipedia and many documentation sites eg: Wash Uni: Request Tracker. Both are free. -- ChristopherShort
- It would be nice to have a SpamWhitelistRequest page where editors could add requests to have certain domains whitelisted, so that their hyperlinks do not appear as spam. Admins could check it periodically and update the KWiki accordingly. --Sciolizer
- I would love to know when the latest release of RT will be available for download, on the wiki main page. - ErnaJ
- I added an "Announcements" section with news about the latest RT release and public training sessions on the Wiki main page. -- Cassandra
- I added a new section, RTTutorials, which will feature RT tutorials as they are put up on the blog. -- Cassandra
- I added a link to an explanation of CamelCase to the UpdateTheWiki page. -- Cassandra
- I added a new page explaining the difference between the "Update" and "Save Changes" buttons when you are replying to/commenting on a ticket in the UI. If someone wants to please link this to wherever you think it would be useful--scrips about notification, maybe? -- Cassandra
If you're actively working on the wiki, add your username, and a short note about what you're working on regularly to this list. If you have a preference as to which wiki engine might replace Wifty, put that in parens.