The best/easiest distribution for RT
People run RT on Arch Linux, Debian, FreeBSD, NetBSD, RH7/8/9, RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Solaris, SuSE, Gentoo, OpenBSD.
Just look at the list of guides below. Pick a distro you're familiar with, check if it has packages for the latest stable RT or install from source.
Generic Installation Guides
- ManualRequirements - software and knowledge you need to install RT.
- ManualInstallation - general overview of installation process and first time configuring.
- DevelopmentInstallation - HOWTO setup RT to run from a development directory
- Installation and Administration Guides - Request Tracker, Reporting and Asset Tracker
Platform-Specific Installation Guides
- Arch Linux
- CentOS7Install (CentOS 7.2.1511 install using Perl RPMs and CPANminus to source CPAN dependencies)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE):
Database Specific Notes
Web Server Specific Notes
Documents which explain why and which way, rather than how.