Difference between revisions of "Extensions"
Revision as of 16:45, 1 December 2010
The Best Practical website now contains a list of standard and known-maintained extensions at http://bestpractical.com/rt/extensions.html. If you know of a maintained extension that doesn't show up there, send mail to webmaster at bestpractical.com.
Here is a list of RT extensions packaged and available from CPAN or other places.
Most of these extensions are prepared with Module::Install::RTx module, which allows you to package extension easily and quickly. People who would like to package their extensions should read the module's documentation.
Help maintain this page
Please sort and refactor this list; RT::Extension is a verbose but lexigraphically equivalent form of RTx. Also note, that links to a particular version of a module on search.cpan may rot when later versions are released, used a perldoc query instead.
Command by email
RT::Extension::CommandByMail allows you to change metadata of ticket via email:
- Supported commands
- Installation instructions
- requires patching on RTs older than 3.6, but works out of the box on modern RT
- Authors: Best Practical
- See also: Extract Custom Field Values
Extract Custom Field Values
Allows to extract CF values from email headers or body.
- Version 0.01_01 is the latest that supports RT-3.0.x
- RT 3.2.x is unsupported
- Versions >= 0.02 works with RT 3.4.x and greater, 3.4.1 requires patching
- Included in 3.8.x
Part of RT 3.8
Helps setup and manage scrip actions that allow you to notify particular groups of users.
See also EmailGroup
Allows authentication from any LDAP or DBI-supported data source. Also allows the use of a browser cookie to implement Single Sign-On with other web code using a DBI authentication backend.
For RT-3.6.x (unsupported)
Export search results as XLS
This RT Extension allow users to download search results in Microsoft Excel binary format. This typically fix encoding problems for non-ascii chars with the standard TSV export included in RT. Extension root
This RT Extension allow to display the list of queues the user is watcher, in the user configuration tab. Extension root
This RT Extension allow users with SuperUser right to quickly enable/disable this right with a simple link at the top of each page. This way, they can work like standard users for day to day usage and enable SuperUser right only when needed. Extension root
This RT Extension enforces users to fill the subject when creating a ticket via the web interface. Extension root
This RT Extension enforces users to fill the requestor when creating a ticket via the web interface. Extension root
This RT Extension allows to quickly display watchers personal details on a ticket. Extension root
Service Level Agreements (SLA)
This RT Extension enables the specification and usage of SLA's (Service Level Agreements).
This RT Extension is useful for creating Approvals and Workflows.
RTx::WorkflowBuilder by Chia-liang Kao
Integrated into RT 3.8, read UPGRADING and etc/upgrade/3.8-branded-queues-extension.
RT 3.2-3.6: This extension allows sites to "Brand" individual queues with distinct tokens in the Subject headers of outgoing email messages.
- RT-OnlineDocs - adds a "Developer Documentation" menu to the RT user interface.
- RT::Extension::ActivityReports Adding to Menu
- RT::Extension::BecomeUser - This extension for RT 3.6 provides an ability for super user to effectively log on any user in the system for debugging purposes
- RT::BugTracker - Adds a UI designed for bug-tracking for developers to RT
- RT::BugTracker::Public - Adds a public, (hopefully) userfriendly bug tracking UI to RT
- RTx::Calendar - This extension for RT 3.6+ adds a calendar page, a calendar portlet and iCal feeds of all your tasks and reminers with due date.
- RTx::DDMU - drop down menu user interface for RT (RT 3.5 or later)
- RTx::From - Makes it a bit easier to find users and their tickets.
- RT::Extension::MergeUsers - adds the ability combine users to via the User Administration page
- RT::Extension::QueueWizard - QueueWizard allows for fast creation of queues by cloning a pre-existing queue
- RT::Extension::rt_cpan_org - The customizations that turn a RT into a RT for rt.cpan.org
- RT::Extension::ServiceUpdates - Message of the Day(?)
- RTx::S3Invoker - Allows one to load saved searches (global too!) via ManualSimpleSearch.
- RTx::Tags - Provides functionality to ManualSimpleSearch custom fields, and a tag cloud (via HTML::TagCloud) of values in the CF Tags.
- RT::Extension::Timeline - This extension for RT 3.6 uses Timeline http://simile.mit.edu/timeline/ to visualize RT tickets.
- Works in 3.8 with a tweak to /path/to/rt/share/html/Callbacks/Timeline/Ticket/Elements/Tabs/Default to change the tab index from 'j' to something else e.g; 't'. Otherwise, the Bulk Update tab is clobbered.
- RTx-WebCronTool - web interface for the built-in "rt-crontool" utility, allowing scheduled processes to be launched remotely.
- RT-Extension-SideBySideView - a moduled version of SideBySideTicketScreen from Stephen Turner
- RT-Extension-ShowRelations - is a Module for RT 3.6/3.8x to Display Ticket Relations as Table based on a Search
- RT-Extension-FastGroupRights - is a replacement for core GroupRights Pages with a faster Solution which not loads all available groups with their rights. It will only load the System Groups, Roles and User Defined Groups with already granted rights. Additional it offers a search Field to search for Groups to grant them rights. This is based on an Idea and Code from MIT (Stephen Turner)
- RT-Extension-QueueDeactivatedScrips - is a moduled version of Dirk Pape's HideGlobalScrips addon for RT 3.6.x
Writing your own extensions
- Homepage Components (Portlets): WritingPortlets